Note: Before NormShield installation through Hotpoint, make sure that all Windows patches are applied, including the optional ones.
When installing NormShield on a domain attached server, installing the agent and creation of its separated user may fail due to lack of optional patches, GPO, etc. In those situations below actions can be taken manually to make sure that NormShield agent is installed successfully;
- Make sure you login with a user with Administrators role
- Try to install the portal or the agent through Hotpoint
- After getting the error of Failed Agent installation, do the following
- Go and create a user with username nsagent from Computer Management
- Leave "User cannot change password" option uncheck
- Check "User must change password at next logon" option
- Check "Password never expires" option
- Remember the password you have given
- Add nsagent user to Administrators group
- Open a command prompt with Administrator privileges (Run as)
- Execute the following command
"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\installutil.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\NormShield\Agent\Binary\NSAgentService.exe"
- A "Set Service Login" popup should appear
- Enter .\nsagent as the username and the password you have given previously as the password. Click OK.
- Now closing and opening Hotpoint should show Agent as installed.