There are handful of NormShield UVM settings that can be changed suiting your needs. In order to reach the settings, choose Admin-> Settings submenu.
There are two set of settings; one of them is general to all of the defined group companies and the other one is the settings specific to each defined company. In order to change the general settings, choose General Settings from the combo box at the upper right corner.
Important: Every changes should follow clicking the Save Settings button in order to persist...
There are 4 distinct settings related to all of the companies. The first one, shown below, comprises
- Application URL: The custom hostname of the application as you want to name in the internal DNS. This value will be put into every link sent as notification e-mails; new alarms, new tickets etc.
- NormShield Passive Scan API URL: The passive scan data is downloaded from http://api.normshield.com as the data get updated, which means NormShield server should have outbound permission for this domain name and corresponding IP address.
- NormShield Agent API Token: This value is generated at the installation time by NormShield Hotpoint.
The second one, is the configuration for the email settings;
- SMTP: The IP or hostname of the email server
- Port: The destination port of the email server
- From: This is the Internet email address that will become the recipient of your reply if you click the Reply button.
- Display Name (From): This is the sender's Internet email address. It is usually presumed to be the same as the Reply-to address, unless a different one is provided. This value will be used as the informal text instead of source email address, such as NormShield.
- Username: Authentication username unless the SMTP server is a relay server.
- Password: Authentication password unless the SMTP server is a relay server.
- Use SSL: Whether to use SSL as the underlying secure communication protocol between NormShield and the target SMTP server
- Operation E-Mail: This email address will get each and every changes in the system, such as creation of vulnerability scans, failures, etc. More than one email address can be entered by using ; as the delimeter such as email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org
The third part is the SMS gateway URL details if you have an SMS gateway at your disposal and want to authenticate and notify users with short messages. An example SMS gateway URL would be as follows with [GSM] and [MSG] as placeholders for dynamic assignments.
The fourth part is the proxy settings in case the NormShield server can't connect to Internet resources (cloud.normshield.com & api.normshield.com) without a forward proxy.
- URL: The IP or hostname of the forward HTTP proxy
- Username: The authentication username
- Password: The authentication password
- Domain: The domain name if this is a Digest or Windows authentication.