- Windows Server 2012 R2 with Update x64 FULLY PATCHED INCLUDING ALL OPTIONAL WINDOWS PATCHES
- No virus scanner should be enabled. This is due to virus scanners may produce false positives due to update and scanning behaviors of NormShield agent scanners, such as port scans etc..
- Make sure English format is selected in Control Panel->Regional Settings->Formats tab.
- Since the user that installs the NormShield is added as sysadmin to the MSSQL Server, it should also be used when updating the NormShield through NormShield Hotpoint in order not to get this error.
- IIS 8
- Remove the default web application from IIS Configuration Manager
- From “Add Roles and Features Wizard”, add the following roles;
- Application Server and
- Web Server (IIS) -> Web Server -> Application Development
- NET 4.5
- .NET Extensibility 4.5
- Application Initialization
- Role Services -> Web Server (IIS) Support
- SQL Server 2014 Express or Enterprise with Management Studio
- .NET Framework 3.5.1 for MSSQL Server Express edition should be installed.
- Server Authentication mode should be “SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode”.
- TCP 1433 port should be enabled using SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- min NET Framework v.4.5.1
- Minimum NMap 6.47, in order to enable portmap feature
- SysInternals Active Directory Explorer, in order for testing Active Directory integration
- Notepad++ (6.7.7), configurational changes
A preparation for installation video can also be viewed.